Library Home on the World Wide Web

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Assignment # 18 Happy New Year to You All.

Hey Student Librarians. Welcome Back. Please write about something interesting you did over the break. Here's what happened to me: On New Years Day I went to pick up my 92 year old mother and her caregiver to take her to see her 90 year old sister in San Diego. When I went to leave, the car wouldn't start. It turned out to be U guessed it a dead battery. On that same New Year's Day my horse Sparky(of Sparky's Retreat Mustang Rescue) had a laminitic episode. I have been playing nurse to him for the past 10 days. Laminitis in inflammation of the ligaments that hold the coffin bone in the hoof. It is extremely painfully and can be a death sentence to a horse that relies on his feet to stand most of his life. I purchased special orthopedic boots. I give him a messy paste mix of pain pills twice a day through a syringe in his mouth. You'll notice it all over my clothes from time to time. I will post a picture of him tomorrow! ; ( Hope your break was happier than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment